Leroo La Tau is situated on the western bank of the Boteti River, northwest of Khumaga Village and about 140 kilometres southeast of Maun. The eastern bank of the Boteti forms the boundary of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, which stretches away from the riverbank towards its interior of scrubland and mineral-rich grasslands.
The lodge features 12 luxurious thatched and glass-fronted suites with en-suite bathrooms, each unit raised on a wooden platform.
The main lounge and dining area, with its inviting wooden and thatch finish, allows you to relax at the bar while listening to the wide variety of night sounds so characteristic of the African bush. Alternatively you can lounge around the swimming pool or enjoy the panoramic river vista from the game-viewing hide built into the bank of the river.
Rates are available on request.
- Luxurious thatched & glass fronted Chalets on raised wooden platforms.
- Each Chalet is raised on the high banks of the Boteti River with 270° panoramic views.
- All Chalets have Fans (there is no air-conditioning in the rooms)
- En-suite showers and bath, hand basin and toilet facilities
- All rooms have 220V multi adaptor plugs for charging photographic equipment, A small pass-code protected safe for storing valuables, Flash lighting for use in the rooms at night & Umbrella in case of rain.
- Air Horn for use in case of an emergency, a small hairdryer is available in each room. A range of Bathrooms amenities including biodegradable soaps, shower gels etc. and a small kettle with tea and coffee is available.
- Game Drives
- Motorised Boat Safaris (on the Boteti River)
- Cultural Excursions