The prime location of Camp Xakanaxa (pronounced Ka-ka-na-ka) on the banks of the Khwai River on the Xakanaxa Lagoon, in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve, makes it one of the very few safari camps that offer guests an authentic, year-round Okavango Delta land and water safari experience.
The stylish main buildings extend over the Khwai River and are set on raised platforms to maximise the views over the surrounding lagoons and islands. The elegant lounge and dining rooms, built of local timber, reed and thatch, feature a small library, expansive sundeck, plunge pool and sala with day bed. The fire-deck extends over the Khwai River and creates an enchanting environment in which to relax after dinner. There is also a larger pool with elevated sun deck in the expansive grounds.
The camp accommodates 24 guests in 12 spacious all-canvas, classic Meru-style luxury safari tents, with en suite showers, hand basins and toilet facilities.
Situated around the fringe of the lagoon, every tent has a private viewing deck with comfortable loungers. Camp Xakanaxa is one of the few camps in Botswana which still offers the essence of a classic tented camp.
Rates are available on request.
- Raised Deck Meru-style Safari Tents.
- Private viewing Deck, situated around the fringe of the lagoon with comfortable loungers to relax & enjoy the view.
- All have Fans (there is no air-conditioning in the rooms)
- En-suite showers and bath, hand basin and toilet facilities
- All rooms have 220V multi adaptor plugs for charging photographic equipment, A small pass-code protected safe for storing valuables, Flash lighting for use in the rooms at night & Umbrella in case of rain.
- Air Horn for use in case of an emergency, a small hairdryer is available in each room, A range of Bathrooms amenities including biodegradable soaps, shower gels etc. and a small kettle with tea and coffee is available.
- Game Drives
- Motorised Boat Safaris
- Bird Watching